I was born and raised in the heart of Southern California. Since I was a kid, I've always had a heavy appetite for video games and films. Some of my favorite films through the years have been Star Wars, Toy Story, and The Lord of the Rings. As for games, at the top of my list are Super Mario 64, Star Wars Battlefront II, and The Last of Us.
As an inspired game developer, I have always been fascinated by the potential of video games. At the heart of it, I am passionate about games with compelling stories and I whole-heartedly believe that narrative games can be some of the most powerful and impactful interactive experiences. When coupled with engaging mechanics and inspired visuals, video games push the boundaries of entertainment and digital media.
Currently, I work at Pixar Animation Studios, learning and contributing under the collaborative roof of artists, story-tellers, animators, and engineers. In my spare time, I help develop VR projects at the studio.
University of California, Santa Cruz
B.S. Computer Game Design
Santa Cruz, CA · 09/2012 – 06/2017
Minor in Technology Information Management
UC Center London
London, UK · March 2015 – April 2015
• Coursework in British Imperialism/Urbanism
UC Center Paris
Paris, France · 04/2015 – 06/2015
• French Nationality/Identity/Immigrant Culture
|2015||Dean’s List (Spring), University of California, Santa Cruz|
|2015||Dean’s List (Fall), University of California, Santa Cruz|
|2014||Dean’s List (Spring), University of California, Santa Cruz|
|2012||Dean’s List (Fall), University of California, Santa Cruz|
Pixar Animation Studios
Infrastructure Resource Assistant
Emeryville, CA · 09/2017 – Present
• Coordinated with team to receive, rack, and migrate 200+ servers and switches.
• Conducted office moves for 120+ employees.
• Maintained awareness of data center environments in accordance to power and cooling.
• Collaborate with various teams (System Admins, Production Support, and Facilities) regarding network and infrastructure operations.
• Provide quality customer service through teamwork and effective communication.
• Gained working knowledge of studio’s production pipeline and software.
• Help develop VR projects and prototypes.
Bay Area, CA · 05/2017 – 07/2017
• Mentored young students in foundational coding principles and game dev using Java Eclipse and Minecraft modding.
UCSC Information Technology Services
Santa Cruz, CA · 09/2016 – 06/2017
• Troubleshoot computer, network, and software related problems.
• Provide technical support in-person, over-phone, and through IT Request System (ServiceNow platform).
• Communicate with a diverse, professional clientele with varying skill levels.
Web Developer Intern
Paris, France · 06/2015 – 07/2015
• Interned for Vizir, French start-up sponsored by Microsoft, specializing in online surveys/questionnaires.
• Shadowed and collaborated with their lead developer/programmer & public relations intern.
• Designed mockups, programed, & implemented data-visuals for Vizir’s data-analytics page.
Santa Cruz, CA · 05/2014 – 03/2015
• Illustrated game objects, backgrounds, sprites, levels, characters, and company logo.
• Design core gameplay mechanics, levels, and environments.
• Worked with artists to develop art production pipeline to streamline production and maintain consistency and quality.
• Collaborate with 6 other team members on design, story, gameplay, and art direction.
D&B Healthcare Professionals
IT Analyst & Data Entry/Computer Operator (Seasonal)
Artesia, CA · 06/2012 – 06/2016
• Install & transport computers, hardware, & networks for main office workstations.
• Maintain and troubleshoot computer systems/networks while providing software assistance to employees.
• Timely and accurate entry of over 50 patient’s medical records & data into archives & computers.