When I was four years old, my brother and I got our first game console, a Super Nintendo, and we played our first game ever, Contra. Since then, I've not only played over a hundred games and owned numerous consoles, but have also worked on a handful of game projects from PC platformers to narrative VR. Video games are a fascinating medium that have not only intrigued me as a player, but have inspired me as a game developer.
As a game designer, I believe in the power of story-telling to elevate an interactive experience, that when coupled with engaging mechanics and alluring visuals, can become a special experience in this digital era. As a producer, I love the process of seeing a game ship and the efforts of the team rewarded. I believe in communication, iteration and collaboration to reach a team’s development goals. But most importantly, I am a team player that understands that more than any great idea, it is a great team that is most important to being successful.
When I'm not developing games I'm taking going on long drives with my S.O, dropping dimes on the basketball court, or jamming out on guitar or cajon. Feel free to contact or connect with me via Instagram, Facebook, or LinkedIn!
Data Center Operations
Agile Project Development
Product Development Production Intern
San Diego, CA · 05/2018 – Present
• Assist with scrum/schedule management.
• Ensure bugs and QA related issues are communicated and addressed by engineers, programmers and other team members.
• Participate in marketing and PR items to provide feedback and insight.
• Contribute ideas and collation of ideas for new concepts, features and designs.
• Assist with milestone and schedule management, including review meetings.
• Help with new initiatives and programs related to online and live content.
Pixar Animation Studios
Infrastructure Resource Assistant
Emeryville, CA · 09/2017 – 05/2018
• Interned for 6 months before being converted to full-time
• Contribute to the daily operations within the physical infrastructure of the studio’s data centers and tech spaces
• Collaborate with Network/Server Admins, Facilities, Production Support, and Production Leads
• Gained basic knowledge of industry software and Pixar’s production pipeline
• Support technical needs of the VR team (ie. installed Linux build of Unreal Engine, troubleshoot software problems) and help develop VR projects in spare time
• Received, racked, and migrated 200+ servers in 2 days.
• Supervised 8 contractors for a 3-day studio-wide office shuffle of 180+ office systems
Bay Area, CA · 05/2017 – 07/2017
• Mentored young students in foundational coding principles and game dev using Java Eclipse and Minecraft modding.
UCSC Information Technology Services
Santa Cruz, CA · 09/2016 – 06/2017
• Troubleshoot computer, network, and software related problems.
• Provide technical support in-person, over-phone, and through IT Request System (ServiceNow platform).
• Communicate with a diverse, professional clientele with varying skill levels.
Web Developer Intern
Paris, France · 06/2015 – 07/2015
• Interned for Vizir, French start-up sponsored by Microsoft, specializing in online surveys/questionnaires.
• Shadowed and collaborated with their lead developer/programmer & public relations intern.
• Designed mockups, programed, & implemented data-visuals for Vizir’s data-analytics page.
Santa Cruz, CA · 05/2014 – 03/2015
• Illustrated game objects, backgrounds, sprites, levels, characters, and company logo.
• Design core gameplay mechanics, levels, and environments.
• Worked with artists to develop art production pipeline to streamline production and maintain consistency and quality.
• Collaborate with 6 other team members on design, story, gameplay, and art direction.
D&B Healthcare Professionals
IT Analyst & Data Entry/Computer Operator (Seasonal)
Artesia, CA · 06/2012 – 06/2016
• Install & transport computers, hardware, & networks for main office workstations.
• Maintain and troubleshoot computer systems/networks while providing software assistance to employees.
• Timely and accurate entry of over 50 patient’s medical records & data into archives & computers.
University of California, Santa Cruz
B.S. Computer Game Design
Santa Cruz, CA · 09/2012 – 06/2017
Minor in Technology Information Management
UC Center London
London, UK · March 2015 – April 2015
• Coursework in British Imperialism/Urbanism
UC Center Paris
Paris, France · 04/2015 – 06/2015
• French Nationality/Identity/Immigrant Culture
|2015||Dean’s List (Spring), University of California, Santa Cruz|
|2015||Dean’s List (Fall), University of California, Santa Cruz|
|2014||Dean’s List (Spring), University of California, Santa Cruz|
|2012||Dean’s List (Fall), University of California, Santa Cruz|