I was born and raised in the heart of Southern California. As a kid, I had a heavy appetite for video games and films. Some of my favorite films are Star Wars, Toy Story, and The Lord of the Rings. As for games, my favorites include Super Mario 64, Star Wars Battlefront II, and The Last of Us. As an avid gamer, I have always been fascinated by the potential of video games. Unlike any other medium, video games are revolutionary because they are an interactive media. When coupled with profound story-telling and inspired visuals, video games push the boundaries of entertainment and media, and constantly inspire my work as a game developer.
At the heart of it, I am passionate about games with a compelling story. Stories begin with empathy, which is fundamental to relationships between people. I believe these relationships are what make life meaningful, so in a very real way, stories bring meaning to our lives.
Currently, I work at Pixar Animation Studios, learning and contributing under the collaborative roof of artists, story-tellers, animators, and engineers. I am fascinated by the world of VR and its potential for interactive and immersive play.
University of California, Santa Cruz
B.S. Computer Science: Game Design
Santa Cruz, CA · 09/2012 – 06/2017
Minor in Technology Information Management
UC Center London
London, UK · March 2015 – April 2015
• Coursework in British Imperialism/Urbanism
UC Center Paris
Paris, France · 04/2015 – 06/2015
• French Nationality/Identity/Immigrant Culture
|2015||Dean’s List (Spring), University of California, Santa Cruz|
|2015||Dean’s List (Fall), University of California, Santa Cruz|
|2014||Dean’s List (Spring), University of California, Santa Cruz|
|2012||Dean’s List (Fall), University of California, Santa Cruz|
Pixar Animation Studios
Infrastructure Resource Assistant
Emeryville, CA · 09/2017 – Present
• Coordinated with team to receive, rack, and migrate 200+ servers and switches.
• Conducted office moves for 120+ employees.
• Maintained awareness of data center environments in accordance to power and cooling.
• Collaborate with various teams (System Admins, Production Support, and Facilities) regarding network and infrastructure operations.
• Provide quality customer service through teamwork and effective communication.
• Gained working knowledge of studio’s production pipeline and software.
• Help develop VR projects and prototypes.
Bay Area, CA · 05/2017 – 07/2017
• Mentored young students in foundational coding principles and game dev using Java Eclipse and Minecraft modding.
UCSC Information Technology Services
Santa Cruz, CA · 09/2016 – 06/2017
• Troubleshoot computer, network, and software related problems.
• Provide technical support in-person, over-phone, and through IT Request System (ServiceNow platform).
• Communicate with a diverse, professional clientele with varying skill levels.
Web Developer Intern
Paris, France · 06/2015 – 07/2015
• Interned for Vizir, French start-up sponsored by Microsoft, specializing in online surveys/questionnaires.
• Shadowed and collaborated with their lead developer/programmer & public relations intern.
• Designed mockups, programed, & implemented data-visuals for Vizir’s data-analytics page.
Santa Cruz, CA · 05/2014 – 03/2015
• Illustrated game objects, backgrounds, sprites, levels, characters, and company logo.
• Design core gameplay mechanics, levels, and environments.
• Worked with artists to develop art production pipeline to streamline production and maintain consistency and quality.
• Collaborate with 6 other team members on design, story, gameplay, and art direction.
D&B Healthcare Professionals
IT Analyst & Data Entry/Computer Operator (Seasonal)
Artesia, CA · 06/2012 – 06/2016
• Install & transport computers, hardware, & networks for main office workstations.
• Maintain and troubleshoot computer systems/networks while providing software assistance to employees.
• Timely and accurate entry of over 50 patient’s medical records & data into archives & computers.