My journey as a game developer began when I was four years old, when me and my younger brother played Contra on the NES for the first time. I didn't realize it then, but video games would ultimately become an inspirational and influential form of media that would drive me to become a game developer and producer, currently working at PlayStation.
As a game designer, I believe in the power of story-telling to elevate an interactive experience, that when coupled with engaging mechanics and alluring visuals, can become a special experience in this digital era. As a producer, I love the process of seeing a game ship and the efforts of the team rewarded. I believe in communication, iteration and collaboration to reach a team’s development goals. But most importantly, I am a team player that understands that more than any great idea, it is a great team that is most important to being successful.
When I'm not developing games I'm going on long drives with my S.O, dropping dimes on the basketball court, or jamming out on guitar or cajon. Feel free to contact or connect with me via Instagram, Facebook, or LinkedIn!
Data Center Operations
Agile Project Development
San Diego, CA · 05/2018 – Present
• Work closely with various disciplines and personnel across art, design, engineering, QA, product, marketing–– to track, communicate, and deliver new features, concepts, tools and fixes for PS4 title, MLB the Show 19.
• Took ownership of a core game feature as acting producer and scrum master, assisting with milestone/schedule management, planning, task setting, tracking and verifying through excellent communication, follow-up, and understanding of business and development needs.
• Produce insightful roadmaps, presentations, demos and reports for management, leads and stakeholders and completed thorough documentation of feature/concept designs, requirements, and plans.
• Help build an engaging team culture that fosters teamwork, accountability, and an open mind.
• Provide insight and feedback for product development, improvements to production process, agile development and scrum practices, and initiatives for team building.
Pixar Animation Studios
Infrastructure Resource Assistant
Emeryville, CA · 09/2017 – 05/2018
• Contributed to the daily uptime/upkeep operations within the physical infrastructure of the studio’s data centers.
• Coordinated with network/server admins, facilities, IT support, and production leads on infrastructure resources, user migrations, tech installations and technical support.
• Produced technical documentation for data centers and high-level overviews of Pixar film’s production pipeline.
• Collaborated with studio VR team as well as provide technical support for software and engines.
• Data Center migrations (200+ servers, 2 days)
• Studio-wide office migrations (180+ office users, systems, and equipment, 3 days)
• Studio team structure overview & Infrastructure Resource Team presentation/documentation
• VR Developer with studio VR team, helping with concepts, designs, and installing builds of Unreal Engine for studio use.
Bay Area, CA · 05/2017 – 07/2017
• Mentored young students in foundational coding principles and game dev using Java Eclipse and Minecraft modding.
Project Lead • Lead Producer • Designer
Santa Cruz, CA · 09/2016 – 06/2017
• Pitched original concept and developed design/technical documentation for digital humanities VR game (Sa Mata ni Nelya VR) where players experience World War II in the Philippines through the eyes of a civilian girl.
• Ensured timely quality feature releases through schedule management, task tracking, collaborative meetings, and agile/scrum practices.
• Fostered and encouraged a collaboration team culture through team hangouts, game jams, and work sessions.
• Contributed to: gameplay, narrative design, mechanics, AI design, level design, art direction, UI/UX, sound.
• Led meetings cross discipline meetings with team focus on communication, collaboration, and iteration.
• Organized demos at Student Game Developer Alliance Summit, Sammy Showcase and VR Meetups.
UCSC Information Technology Services
Santa Cruz, CA · 09/2016 – 06/2017
• Troubleshoot computer, network, and software related problems.
• Provide technical support in-person, over-phone, and through IT Request System (ServiceNow platform).
• Communicate with a diverse, professional clientele with varying skill levels.
Web Developer Intern
Paris, France · 06/2015 – 07/2015
• Interned for Vizir, French start-up sponsored by Microsoft, specializing in online surveys/questionnaires.
• Shadowed and collaborated with their lead developer/programmer & public relations intern.
• Designed mockups, programed, & implemented data-visuals for Vizir’s data-analytics page.
Santa Cruz, CA · 05/2014 – 03/2015
• Illustrated game objects, backgrounds, sprites, levels, characters, and company logo.
• Design core gameplay mechanics, levels, and environments.
• Worked with artists to develop art production pipeline to streamline production and maintain consistency and quality.
• Collaborate with 6 other team members on design, story, gameplay, and art direction.
D&B Healthcare Professionals
IT Analyst & Data Entry/Computer Operator (Seasonal)
Artesia, CA · 06/2012 – 06/2016
• Install & transport computers, hardware, & networks for main office workstations.
• Maintain and troubleshoot computer systems/networks while providing software assistance to employees.
• Timely and accurate entry of over 50 patient’s medical records & data into archives & computers.
University of California, Santa Cruz
B.S. Computer Game Design
Santa Cruz, CA · 09/2012 – 06/2017
Minor in Technology Information Management
UC Center London
London, UK · March 2015 – April 2015
• Coursework in British Imperialism/Urbanism
UC Center Paris
Paris, France · 04/2015 – 06/2015
• French Nationality/Identity/Immigrant Culture
|2015||Dean’s List (Spring), University of California, Santa Cruz|
|2015||Dean’s List (Fall), University of California, Santa Cruz|
|2014||Dean’s List (Spring), University of California, Santa Cruz|
|2012||Dean’s List (Fall), University of California, Santa Cruz|